Most people dream of perfect European vacations. Whether you want to visit Sardinia in Italy, spend your time in Barcelona, or climb the Eiffel tower in Paris, there are so many European travel dreams.
Approximately, 60 countries including the United States are allowed to travel visa-free in various countries of Europe. Now, the citizens of these countries have to apply for ETIAS before entering the Schengen region of Europe. Citizens of Australia have to apply for ETIAS for Australian citizens before boarding the flight for the Schengen region.
The process of applying for an ETIAS Visa is not as complicated as it seems. But it merely involves a few steps which you have to add to your travel routine. In this article, we have covered all the important things that you should know before applying for an ETIAS visa for your next Europe trip.
What is ETIAS
ETIAS- European Travel Information and Authorization System is mandatory for citizens of non EU countries who can travel schengen region without visa. These non EU-citizens have to apply online and get approval before taking off the flight to schengen region.
ETIAS visa system is completely an electronic princess that helps in maintaining the entry of visitors. Also, it helps in maintaining the track record of visitors in the Schengen region.
ETIAS is quite similar to ESTA (United States Electronic System for Travel Authorization), which is required by most travelers to enter the United States. The main objective of ETIAS is to reduce crime and terrorism risks in Europe.
When Will ETIAS Come into Effect
Initially, ETIAS was scheduled to come into effect in January 2021. But it was delayed due to certain reasons. Now, it is expected that it will come into effect by the end of 2022 and a smooth introduction of this new measure is planned.
ETIAS Countries List
The countries that need to apply for ETIAS for entering the Schengen zone are Austria, Czech Republic, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Greece, France, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Iceland, Malta, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Norway, Slovenia, Spain, Slovakia, Switzerland, and Sweden.
Who Need ETIAS
ETIAS is mandatory for citizens who do not need a visa to enter the EU zone. It includes 62 countries such as Canada, Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, etc. You can check at the online website whether you need ETIAS or not.
How ETIAS System Works
ETIAS system is quite efficient and quite easy to implement.
Three Steps ETIAS Application
- Fill Online ETIAS Application Form: This step will take 10 minutes only. You have to provide biometric information, address, contact details, citizenship, and the EU country name where you want to visit.
- Make The Payment and Submit Your Form: After completing the application form, you have to pay the fees for this application. The entire system will process the information and finally approve it.
- Receive Email For Visa Waiver: Once the regulatory authorities have approved your ETIAS visa, then, you will receive the confirmation through email. Along with this, the ETIAS visa waiver will be electronically linked with the passport of the applicant.
During the application process, the system will work automatically and process your identity, docs, answers, screening rules, and watchlist. ETIAS Visa is valid for only three years or till the end of the passport validity registered during the process of application.
ETIAS VISA Requirements
The European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) is a system for issuing travel authorizations for people who intend to travel to the Schengen area.
In order to be eligible for an ETIAS VISA, you’ll need:
- You must have your passport with you when applying at an embassy or consulate, and they will need to see it if you want to get your ETIAS visa.
- You can apply for a multiple entry visa, but that’s up to the embassy or consulate. If you want one for more than six months, be sure to ask about this before applying!
- In order for them to issue your ETIAS visa, you’ll also need proof of your financial stability (e.g., bank statements). They may also ask for proof of health insurance (if you’re over 60 years old) and proof that you have enough money on hand to support yourself during your trip should something go wrong at home (e.g., flight delays).
The European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) is a system that allows European citizens to apply for visas in their home country. This system is part of the Schengen Agreement, which allows countries to work together to create a visa system that’s easier to use and supports travel across borders.
ETIAS applications are simple and straightforward, but there are still some things you should know before you apply. ETIAS applications can only be submitted at embassies or consulates after an individual has applied for an ETIAS visa from their home country.